Friday, November 26, 2010

The last month or so...

Aside from my frazzled post yesterday regarding Hannah's Family Day, I have been really struggling to find the time for a proper update. So much has been going on here lately. It just seems like a frenzy of activity! Wonderful memories, but my days haven't left a lot of time to blog...

Here is a little catch up on some of the highlights of the last few weeks...

Mara-Grace celebrated her 5th birthday, and as promised, here are some pictures from her birthday party. She really wanted a Barbie theme this time around. Mara wore a Barbie princess dress, and I made her loot bags, invites, cake, crafts etc. to centre around a Barbie Princess. We decorated tiara's and Barbie bookmarks for our crafts, and Mara's birthday cake was a Barbie cake which I made. It was a lot of fun, and thankfully, quite simple to make. After lunch, Mara and her cousins decorated their own sundaes. Of course Mara-Grace was so excited for her special day. It never ceases to amaze me to see how she is growing and blooming! At 5 she is still the spicy little noodle she was at 15 months. She is sensitive and loving and has a very big heart. She is a busy bee and hardly stops from morning till night. She loves Dinosaurs and crafts and she ADORES pretending to be a cat! I even had to pull her from Winnie's scratching post! She has a wonderful imagination, and happily puts it into play! How we all adore our Mara-Grace.


As I have posted, we were able to pile our wood, and a few days after that effort, it fell. Not sure what went wrong! Yikes! 6 cords of wood to be stacked again. Since we were to have freezing rain, Kev worked at in in the cold last night. And was able to pile it all again. How frustrating, and cold for my poor Kevie!

A month has come and gone since the loss of my beloved Gran. Although we are adjusting, we still miss her dearly. I think of her daily and often think I must tell her something etc... She was so special to all of us. I talk to her often, and the other day I made some of her yummy squares. They were not turning out and I said, "Come on Gran, please help me out on this one... Did you leave an ingredient out of this or what?!" As I was shooting off my mouth I swear she told me add more peanut butter, so I did and they were suddenly scrumptious! hehe It is the little things I miss about my Gran. Making her laugh and teasing her about her love life (ok, my match making ways would always suggest 'someone') to her and she would get such a kick out of this. hehe She was so innocent and sweet and such a terrific person to laugh with and as I say, tease!!!

I have to say, I don't often blog about my darling Victoria. She is almost 16 and a lot of her 'life' is definitely off limits to blog land! But, I just cannot hold back! I must say she has settled in to her new High School with such grace and ease. She is an incredible girl and has gotten involved in so much that makes me so proud. This year she will be participating in an exchange where someone her age will come to stay with us, and she will go West for a week to do some work in their community (staying in cabins). What a terrific opportunity. She is doing really well in school and she is one social butterfly! We had parent/teacher interviews this week and I was very touched by the kind things they all had to say about our Victoria. She is indeed a special girl.

I have been bursting to share that Victoria auditioned for the lead role in the school production of, "Epic Proportions" and she got it! I was really impressed that they put such trust into a new girl at the school! She was incredible in the role of Louise Goldman. Funny thing is, I thought Kev was going to have a stroke watching the performances. She had some pretty intense kissing scenes. Yep, you read correctly. :)) Ok, now would be the blogging OFF LIMITS part! Enough Said then~! (These pics were taking from the play, but Louise is in character as an actress... I don't have pics of Victoria in plain dressed Louise yet on the computer!)


Apart from this excitement, we have been preparing our home for Christmas. I enjoy doing it around my birthday as it then allows us to feel less busy in December! I kind of cringe writing this, but I have dreamt (yes I am a dreamer!) of how it would be to have our three girls home to decorate our tree. I dreamt of soft music, laughter, peaceful tree trimming, with mugs of hot chocolate and many hugs.... Well, I have to say, reality was a bit different this year. Instead, I had Mara-Grace who seemed VERY tired that day, and at the same time she was hurrying everything! That is typical, but the cranky pants wasn't! Tori was busy most of the day, so the tree trimming was later than it should have been, and well... Hannah took, "Christmas Balls" literally and threw with glee I might add, numerous 'balls'. Thankfully the non glass kind! All the while, Winnie who is precious beyond imagination, was enjoying EVERYTHING fully! OOOOH how kind of us to bring a tree indoors for her! She was so excited, as a kitten should be really. But, let's just say the reality was a bit different from the dream!!! I am not forgetting for a second how it felt last year to decorate our tree without our Hannah home.... We really are so very blessed.

I will do my best to update again soon. Much love from our home to yours... xoxo

P.S. Did I mention that my brother and his wife bought a new home just 5 minutes from ours? I am so happy to have my nieces even closer!!!! That is something that is an incredible result of our move... We are able to have our nieces and nephews over so much easier now. Today we had Kev's sister and her sweeties and our other little nephew over for the day. It was so wonderful! We rolled, baked and painted Christmas ornaments! And Hannah made her first, and didn't throw them, I might add!!!! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment