Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beautiful Blogger nominations

Well, I had a lovely surprise today.... My amazing friend Wanda nominated me for a beautiful blogger award. Here is her explanation on her blog as to what it means!

"The rules are - state 7 random things about yourself and pass it on to other beautiful bloggers. I'll happily share 7 things about myself and I'll name a few beautiful blogs but I want no one to feel obliged to follow through. In other words....no pressure....feel free to smile, knowing you are a beautiful blogger and do nothing more. 'K?"

Thank you my dear friend.... So, here goes!

1/ I LOVE life! I truly adore celebrating everything, and if I can decorate for it, even better! :))

2/ I believe that laughter is the best medicine...

3/ I LOVE singing in the car! I behave myself immensely with sensitive little ears around, but when I am alone, there is no mercy!

4/ I find inspiration all around me. In songs, smiles, scenery etc... God is so good.

5/ My faith is a tremendous support and gift to me.

6/ While in China adopting our two youngest daughters, I was struck by beauty all around... One of my favorite, lasting impressions was the sheer beauty I saw in the faces there. Especially in the faces of the aged... The incredible beauty and story found in the lines on an eldery Chinese woman's face left such a stamp in my heart. It also made me thankful for the wrinkles that are beginning (or growing) on my own face!!!

7/ I am so thankful that I can be home with our girls. When found in a position where I feel I am pressed to give my job title, I jokingly say, "I am a Domestic Engineer". In reality I am a wife and mother who couldn't be more thankful for life. I feel so blessed...... xoxox

Thank you Wanda... you are incredible and definitely a very beautiful blogger!!!!

Helen, if you are reading this, I am passing this hat to you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. See....that's why you were nominated. Did you read your 7 things. You are the happiest, most gracious and grateful person who finds joy and beauty in everything. I so admire that and strive for that. You - ooooze it!!!

    Each day you make this world more beautiful! It's your gift.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank-you Jennifer, I am so honored.

    I too love your list and agree with Wanda you really bring a certain joy and grace to all that you do.

    The way you share your heart with us shows your love for life, your family and God.

    I'm so glad to have met you and I hope we keep in touch...even though you will be far away.

    I'll post my "seven" demain...off to bed now!!!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete