Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Haircuts!

Well, today was THE day! The day Mara-Grace was so very excited for! Today was the day our little girls got to go for haircuts TOGETHER! Mara-Grace ADORES going to have her hair cut. It is always a special adventure for her. We go to a salon geared for children. At each station there are different cars, boats etc. to sit on. And there are also TVs at each station with children's movies playing. Of course there is a play zone with slide and mini kitchen and a large fish tank. Those having their hair washed lie on a racing car bed with their head over the sink. It is a very cool place to go! As I describe it I can see even more just how fun that would be when you are little. After the haircut, you are treated to lollipops! FUN Times!

Hannah's hair needed trimming, but I didn't want to push this and overwhelm her. I even debated about taking her today... She seems to have a face meant for bangs. But I have been having to comb her hair over to the side as her bangs were down onto her nose! Also, with Chinese New Year a little over a month away, it is a tradition to begin our celebrating with a trim! It symbolizes a fresh start. Once we take down our Christmas tree and decorations, we will decorate our house for Chinese New Year's.

So, we set out this morning. I know I am interrupting my adventure here yet again, but feel it necessary to say that we traded in our HHR for a mini van. I have driven it this week twice around our neighborhood but today was my big adventure on the highways! LOL All went well. It is nice to have the extra room and we feel it is safer especially for Victoria who was crammed in between car seats which wouldn't give her hips much safety in the horrible event of an accident.

ANYWAY, back to my story! So, we set out and arrived at the salon. Mara-Grace immediately got out of her winter gear! Seriously, the boots, hats, scarves, snow pants, coats, mittens etc... Wow! She headed for the slide right away! Hannah was all eyes as we entered the bright new zone! We waited a few minutes and I took her out of her gear and she was quiet but as I mentioned all eyes. In a new situation, she is quiet but her eyes aren't! They go so big and she really doesn't miss a thing! I decided that I should let Hannah go first while Mara played and that way it was over with. Plus, one little cryer (poor little one!) was just finished up and I was a bit afraid that another little one would come in in the meantime and perhaps scare her if they were scared! So, Hannah went first! As I approached the chair, with the hairstylist, Hannah began to cry. She sat though tugging on me. I immediately thought to myself I should pull her out and let Mara go first. But, as I said this to the stylist, Hannah stopped crying and started looking at the fancy toy she was in! I was rubbing her back which always seems to comfort her. She sat patiently for the haircut and was a pro! I could even step back. Always staying within arms reach of course, but she did so well! She has some new little wispy bangs and the rest of her hair was trimmed and shaped but combed down (but bluntly)at the sides and back. So cute if I do say so myself!

Then it was Miss Mara-Grace's turn! She sat in a racing car and I gave her a little saying this time. I had asked her this morning how she would like her hair. She told me like a humpback whale! hehe Ok.... She often tells me this and I do my best to make a very high ponytail! She then told me she wants it at her chin and then to grow it long. So, hmmmm....... So, as the stylist asked her how she would like her hair today she clearly told her like a Humpback Whale. If I had had my camera out (yes, I forgot it... and first haircut for Hannah and all! Thankfully my cell has a camera option)the stylist's face was priceless! Apparently, this is the first time she as heard this request! Of course Mara tells her this so matter of factly! So I quickly add that a trim and humpback would be appreciated! So, after Mara-Grace's hair was trimmed, she made it into a lovely humpback whale on the top! Mara was very pleased. Then it was off to the counter to pay. They put a snipping of Hannah's hair onto a 'First haircut certificate'. And then they pulled out the lollipops. Well, Mara-Grace was very excited and had a hard time choosing her color. Hannah's little hand shot out and did the 'gimme' sign. Hmmm, we laughed as it was obvious she knew what she was dealing with! She has never had candy with us so that was a surprise!

After haircuts we played at Toys R Us and then Chapters book store! It was a fun morning out!

I should mention that as I type this, both girls are playing together in the playpen! This is a major deal as Hannah has not enjoyed her playpen very much.

Another funny note to mention is that Mara-Grace has become obsessed with going to Russia! Yes, Russia! I am sure that it would be an amazing trip to take, but at the same time, this kind of surprised me! She has talked about it about 5 times so far again today! You see, she watched 'Global Grover'. Grover from Sesame goes somewhere in the world. Anyway, he went to Russia to a little boy's dance class. Well, Mara-Grace wants to go to this dance class now:)) I told her that I really cannot promise that we will go to Russia, but maybe when she is older she can go and see that dance. She is thrilled and she keeps 'keeping it in Mommy's head'! She makes it into my head by waving her hand at me and saying, "Bibbidy bopidy boo, make this in Mommy's head". It really is a scream when she makes something into our heads!

Ok, supper will be a mess if I don't wrap this up!

Much love xo



Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Digital Scrapbooking Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

2 comments:

  1. Well....I thoroughly enjoyed this post. (Not that I don't all of yours.) Sounds like a perfectly lovely day. Hannah is just doing so well - it's hard to believe she's only been home such a short tme. And I love the way Mara-Grace thinks. What a sweet little imagination. And so expressive.

    But I want to see these sweet haircuts. Pictures please! (When you have time....and I laugh a little when I say that. Time....short supply these days.)

    BTW - have you called CLSC to book into the class. I think it starts in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see you and get the girls together.

    Wanda
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comme est est cute Hannah avec sa nouvelle coupe de cheveux ... et que dire de mademoiselle Mara-Grace !!!! Vos filles sont super mignonnes, ça me donne le goût d'y aller avec Alexie aussi car elle a de drôle de cheveaux :)
    Bye bye
    Dominique xxx

    ReplyDelete