Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 15th Birthday Victoria!!!!

On January 2nd 1995 we were given the most incredible gift, the gift of you... I will never forget the look of you when you were born. I have never felt such relief to see you finally arrive after a very difficult, long(almost 24 hours!) labour. You were the picture of health and the most glorious miracle.

Your arrival brought such joy to so many... Dad and I counted our blessings to have you in our lives. We couldn't have wanted or cherished you more. You have always been such an incredible gift.

You were a beautiful, sweet baby girl and you quickly grew into a bright, caring little girl. You had such a quest for learning and were so kind to others. At the same time you loved to sing and perform. You had a very active imagination and you still remain the most dramatic girl I know! You have a flair for acting and entertaining and this gift is something to treasure. I vividly remember the day I was sitting with the other mothers waiting outside your dance class when I heard them begin to sing Happy Birthday. What surprised me the most was that they sang it to YOU! AND no, it wasn't anywhere near your birthday! I remember being more than a little embarrassed at the time and having quite a discussion with you about honesty on the way home from class that day!

I remember fondly you writing so many plays and sitting through your many performances. You have a talent for writing and I hope that you continue to take the time to explore this a little more. Even at four years old, you loved books and were able to easily read on your own. When tested in Grade 2, you were reading at a high school level! How impressive!

I have watched you deal with some serious bullying and issues as a result and I wish with all my heart that I could have taken away all of the hurt. I am so thankful to see that you have grown past these experiences and they have only made you stronger.

I can remember your grade 1 and 2 teacher telling me that in all of her years teaching, she had never met a more compassionate, gifted child. She said that you showed such insight into others feelings and that you always sought out possibly the most vulnerable and most insecure and showed them friendship and sincere kindness. This Victoria is the nicest compliment to be given.

You have such tremendous gifts Victoria. You have set high goals for yourself, and with your courage, passion and determination, I have no doubt that you will be exactly who you set out to be.

On your 15th birthday, we want to remind you of how proud we are of who you are. We are proud of the wise choices you make and all that makes you who you are. We pray that you always remember the gifts you have been given and put them to good use. You have a tremendous sensitivity for others and this is a beautiful thing to see. Your love shines brightly.

Have a beautiful birthday and year ahead Victoria. We all love you beyond words and wish you much happiness now and always.

xoxo Mom & Dad and of course Mara-Grace & Hannah who cannot love you more!

Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow.....Happy Birthday Victoria! What an amazing young lady you are. Clearly, the world is a much better place with you in it.

    Have a wonderful birthday and great New Year!

    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Victoria ! Quel beau texte tu lui as fait ! J'ai trouvé ça très drôle lorsque tu disais qu'elle a déjà fêté sa fête au mauvais moment dans son cours ...
    Vous avez une belle grande fille et aussi ... 2 belles petites filles !

    Amitié, Dominique xxx

    ReplyDelete