Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where to begin?

Good evening!

I hardly know where to begin tonight.... I have neglected updating our blog, and feel it! There is so much I want to say.

I will try to summarize as much as I can!

Our holiday at Mom and Dad's was great! It was so wonderful to be there for the week. Sadly though, my beloved Gran had to be taken to the hospital. We suspected she had had a stroke and has had such a rough time of it lately... She is still at the hospital and is responding well to her physio. Please keep her in your prayers. On another note, I was able to introduce Hannah Faith to her other Great-Grandmother. It was wonderful seeing Grandma (who even gave me a new pair of her handmade mittens!!! I cannot begin to express how much I treasure mittens from Grandma!) and having her hold our girls and meet Hannah for the first time. Hannah wasn't sure about me leaving her on Grandma's knee to take a picture, but she seemed to love Grandma from my arms! A few more visits and she will be rocking along with Grandma in her chair!

Hannah Faith had her first check up and will soon have some blood work done. Today, she had her first dental appointment after Mara-Grace! No cavities for either little lady!

HUGE news, Hannah received her Canadian Citizenship!!!!!! Officially!!!! Now, we will work on her passport so we can do some travelling beyond the borders!

Hannah has also taken flight!!!! She is WALKING! Really walking!!! And proud as punch doing so!

We celebrated Chinese New Year and began the year of the Tiger with much celebrating at home!

We also celebrated Valentine's Day! Our home has been decorated for Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year for the last month! Can you tell we were excited for both holidays?

Now, here comes some rather shocking news. It was completely unanticipated. I cannot even really begin to explain how this wasn't in our plans, and yet it all seemed to fall into place as though it was just in HIS plan. Long story short, my parents have been talking of selling their home. This was always something that made me sad inside for many obvious sentimental reasons. Not only did I grow up there, but Kev and I have many incredible memories there.... We had our Graduation pictures taken there, we also had our wedding reception on the grounds, we also lived with my folks for a year and brought Victoria home from the hospital to that home, not to mention our first kiss was had there etc... as I said, sentimental reasons. Regardless of so many years of incredible memories, I fully understood that my parents were ready to downsize and move into town. Well, as my parents were talking with Realtors, we all kind of happened on the idea of our moving back to the area and buying their house. Honestly, it still baffles me as to how it just all happened. We had thought of this in the past, but didn't think a move would be wise or possible. Now, however, it just all mapped itself out. The decision made sense. We have listed our home for sale and are crossing our fingers that it sells quickly. The move comes with mixed feelings. We have been in this area for 12 years and have loved our time here. We have made many wonderful friends and roots here and it will be sad to move from them... At the same time, it will be special to be close to our families again and have our girls see their Grandparents regularly. We will miss so much here, but we are also looking forward to the prospect. All is a go with Kevin's work and he will work from home many days and also out of the Ottawa office. Victoria has surprised me the most with this. She was the most sure about the idea of moving. At 15, she is excited about starting a new school and making some new friends. She is one brave, confident cookie!!! Hannah continues to smile through life and at 18 months has no clue what this means! :) Mara-Grace at 4 has needed much reassurance about the little things. She is now excited about the idea and seems more secure knowing that we will remain together and our things will come with us to our new house. Of course, this move will be contingent on the sale of our home... Ideally, we would like to move in the summer....

I pray that all continues to fall into place and that we can continue to hold on to all that has become so dear to us here.... You know who you are!!!!

Much love and blessings from our home to yours. xoxo

Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com


Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

8 comments:

  1. I am happy for you but sad that you are moving!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was meant to be it will all work out. I know how hard it will be to move but it will be worth it. I remember our trek from Ottawa back to Montreal. It was such an emotional time. However today I won't change a thing. My children see both sets of grandparents weekly and are very close to their 4 cousins. I pray for the quick recovery of your grandmother and the quick sale of your house.
    Love,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything happens for a reason...we are thrilled that you guys will be closer. I'd love my girls to really get to know their cousins!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such mixed feelings. Really, I'm thrilled that you will move in a home where your heart really is. And be close to the ones who are so important to you and the kids.

    But, I'm bummed too girl. You'll just have to come back for Christmas parties and stuff. We'll have to squeeze in enough visits to last for awhile.

    I do hope it all is smooth sailing with the sale and move. And that you grandma continues to recover.

    Hugs,
    W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allo Jennifer

    Quelles belles photos de tes filles ! Je vous souhaite de vendre vite vite votre maison ! La maison familiale elle est à Ottawa ?

    Ça me fait toujours plaisir de lire ton blog et d'avoir des nouvelles de votre merveilleuse famille.

    Bravo à Hannah qui peut maintenant marcher seule.

    Un beau boujour à toute la famille.
    Amitié, Dominique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you guys! I know things will work out and a certain someone is always watching over all of you! Keep me posted! All my love to all of you! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. So exciting! To think your little ones will grow up where you grew up and Victoria may have her graduation pictures taken there too and then later on.....well who knows. I love full circle stuff, can you tell?

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen,

    We will be sad to see you guys go...but how could you not go back and be with friends and family so close by. That is wonderful. Hopefully you guys can still join us for our Xmas party...

    Keep us posted on your house and what is happening..

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete